For those of you who don't like reading through long blog posts for salient details, here is that last post in bullet points:
• We're trying out a new experiment in which people on the site will work together building open source civic software, then sell versions of those products as iPhone apps.
• The money from the sales of those apps will go back to the builders of the product.
• The underlying code will remain open source i.e. reusable, able to be built on, or distributed as people see fit.
• Nothing else about the site is going to change.
• We will start off this experiment with the two apps we've already got in production, DIYtraffic and SickCity, and maybe also on a third, new project.
• If these trials seem interesting to people and get product built, we will roll it out further.
• We'll begin next week.
Over and out!