Challenges happen periodically and are focal points for conversation and idea generation. You can submit a working application in response to a challenge and it will be discussed, or you can just submit ideas + comments.
- Challenge #1: Build a Twitter bot that helps users avoid traffic and get where they're going faster. 10/10/08
- Challenge #2: Conceive of a grassroots ridesharing system that can overcome the problems inherent in ridesharing and achieve critical mass. 12/10/08
- Challenge #3: Develop plan for a scaleable grassroots bus tracking system that operates in realtime. 1/29/09
- Challenge #4: Create an app that promotes bike riding in the city somehow: makes it easier to get from point A to point B, makes it less stressful, simpler, whatever. 2/24/09
- Challenge #5: Design an app that works as an early warning system for outbreaks of flu, colds and other communicable disease at the city level. 3/3/09